When we were first looking to buy this house, I remember walking into my to-be bedroom. With big eyes I looked around & imagined where I would put my dolls, I was a mom to dozens of stuffed animals & cared for each baby doll. This home had to be the one, for them. I walked into my HUGE closet and there were old telephones, the ones you have to spin to dial. I negotiated with the realtor that the house was mine "IF" I could have the red fancy telephones. Despite my best efforts, I lost the deal. I remember distantly, hearing muffled conversations of my mom & dad taking to the realtor saying stuff like "this could be the one, this could work." Walking out the door of the White House on Narraganset , my three year-old little heart knew that this place was going to be special. There I was Two years older, Running out the door, wearing ...
Thank you for never taking it easy on me just because I'm a girl. Thank you for when I was little and I wrote you a note,saying how I thought I was ugly,and you took me out for the rest of the day and spent it proving me wrong. For taking me to see wicked for my tenth birthday in San Francisco and dressing super fancy. Thank you for ALWAYS being a morning person. Thank you for giving me the gift of the Holy Ghost when I was 8. Thank you,for when I turned 12, you were there to baptize me once again. This time for someone else, and I thank you for crying. Thank you for showing me how a man should love and respect his wife. Thank you for showing me hard work,and the benefits thereof. For teaching me how to be street smart and be aware of my surroundings, yet remain innocent. Thank you for never letting me get caught up in "girl drama". Thank you for teaching me how to take negativity,never letting so...
Comments
Post a Comment